THE NORTHERN TALENT CUP 2021 CALENDAR IS ONLINE
The Northern Talent Cup organisation has announced the 2021 provisional calendar
The Northern Talent Cup announces the 2021 calendar.
There will be 7 rounds spread around Germany, France, The Netherlands and Austria and a two-day event used as a test on the 17th-18th April in Germany (OSCHERSLEBEN)
- Round 1 – 29thApril – 2nd May- LAUSITZRING- (GERMANY) with IDM as coinciding event
- Round 2 – 14th– 16th May – Le Mans (France) and the MotoGP™ as coinciding event
- Round 3 – 20th– 23rd May – OSCHERSLEBEN (GERMANY) during the Speedweek
- Round 4 – 18th– 20th June – SACHSENRING (GERMANY) during the MotoGP
- Round 5 – 9th– 11th July – KYMIRING (FINLAND) – MotoGP
- Round 6 – 13th– 15th August – Assen (NED) – IDM
- Round 7 – 27th– 29th August – Red Bull Ring (Austria) – IDM
This cup has a clear aim: becoming the opportunity for all the talented young riders in northern Europe to train and get to arrive to the highest possible level.
As a consequence, only youngster from 12 to 17 can participate with only one motorbike: the new KTM 250 Standard.
Indeed, the Northern Talent Cup has been established in 2020 with a clear-cut and well-defined goal: be the stepping stone for the young north European riders from the national championships towards the elite level. The focus on northern Europe is based upon two main pillars: the geographical location of the circuits and the necessity for the riders to keep the costs low.
Therefore, these aims translate into practice by means of two process: one of the top riders in the NTC will compete in the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup the following year and at least two of them will take part in the Rookies Cup selection event on the Road to MotoGP™.
To conclude, the NTC is under the official control of Dorna.